Creating and Supporting Lay Pastoral Care Teams
with Rev. John Gibb Millspaugh, Director of Congregational Development
Location: First Parish Church of Northborough, MA
This program will help your congregation create, update, or re-energize your network of lay parish and pastoral caregivers. Explore the differences between parish care (cards, casseroles, rides) and pastoral care (visiting and longer-term support) and the different training, support, and organizational infrastructure required for each. Reflect on the minister's role in pastoral care and the ministry of lay people to each other, and learn how to design or revitalize pastoral care programs that address your congregation's needs. Special attention will be given to identifying, recruiting, training and supporting pastoral care teams. We will also spend time reflecting on the unique skills required of lay pastoral caregivers and explore the spiritual shifts necessary to become grounded pastoral caregivers. Teams of lay people and ministers are strongly urged to attend.
WHAT OTHERS HAVE SAID ABOUT PAST OFFERINGS OF THIS WORKSHOP
- Very helpful. Worth the time! Definitely GO!
- I came away with many ideas of what we might improve and with some validation that many of the things we are doing are right on.
- I very much enjoyed meeting others involved in lay ministry and hearing their "joys and concerns" about their own efforts.
- It was helpful to hear what Pastoral Care is and what it is not.
- The speaker was well-prepared and a fine presenter. The clear explanation of the difference between Parish Care and Pastoral Care was so helpful. The emphasis on finding Gifts in a congregation versus finding Needs is a big concept to embrace and seems worth looking at.
- I found it helpful that the material did not assume our church had a program already in place.
$50 per person/$35 ministry students
REGISTER NOW! - Deadline: 11/26/12
- Contact us
- Join Our Mailing List
- About CBD
- About MBD
- Programs / Trainings
- Justice Ministries
- About UUism
- Transitions & Employment