The Renaissance Program, developed by the Unitarian Universalist Association, offer basic training and continuing education opportunities in several specific areas useful to professional religious educators. Each module consists of 15 hours of training in theory and practice. There are nine Renaissance Modules, which may be taken in any order. Renaissance Modules are part of the credentialing process for professional UU religious educators. For more information about the UUA's credentialing program for DREs, see the UUA website. Lay leaders serving on Religious Education committees, or otherwise involved in RE programming in their congregations, may also attend Renaissance Modules.
For upcoming Renaissance Module trainings already scheduled, see column on the right.
Our usual fee of $275 includes training, room, and board. You will be required to acquire any texts or recommended readings. In some cases, we will have copies of the books available to borrow from the district lending library.
- Cancellation prior to the registration deadline will be subject to a $25 handling fee.
- Cancellations made after the registration deadline but a week or more before the training will be subject to a $150 fee, unless a replacement is arranged, in which case a $25 handling fee still applies.
- Refunds for cancellations made within the week prior to the training will be given only under extreme circumstances and at the discretion of the district staff.
- Contact us
- Join Our Mailing List
- About CBD
- About MBD
- Programs / Trainings
- Justice Ministries
- Workshop Presentation Materials
- Sabbatical / Ministerial Leave Pulpit Supply
- District Library
- General Interest
- District Chapters of AUUA, UUMA, LREDA, UUMN
- About UUism
- Transitions & Employment